Slide Mailer and an AB page
The countdown to Christmas has really started, I feel as if I have so much to do and so little time left to do it.
I am horrified by how behind I seem to be on everything, but I am determined to clear the decks.


Here are two pictures of a slide mailer. First time I have ever done one and also my first use of embossing - yayy! I got the hang of it at last. Just thought I would just go for it and am quite delighted with the results. Mind you, wish I had just bought clear UTEE, this stuff is full of shimmery particles which is great on this, but not something I will use on everything.

And this next page is a final page in Pat's Spring AB, I decided to go for the spring cleaning theme and to reintroduce a bit more of my own calligraphic (and I use the term loosely) mark-making. The background is duster yellow and I had to resist the temptation to edge in red. Sometimes less really is more.
I am horrified by how behind I seem to be on everything, but I am determined to clear the decks.


Here are two pictures of a slide mailer. First time I have ever done one and also my first use of embossing - yayy! I got the hang of it at last. Just thought I would just go for it and am quite delighted with the results. Mind you, wish I had just bought clear UTEE, this stuff is full of shimmery particles which is great on this, but not something I will use on everything.

And this next page is a final page in Pat's Spring AB, I decided to go for the spring cleaning theme and to reintroduce a bit more of my own calligraphic (and I use the term loosely) mark-making. The background is duster yellow and I had to resist the temptation to edge in red. Sometimes less really is more.



9 Comments:
Just too adorable
I like the spring cleaning page :0)
Havent been over for a while, but i could sit and look at your blog all day!! Stunning work as always, i cant think of one thing i dont like about any of it - everything in each piece seems to fit perfectly, especially love all the colours you use... Hugs, and if i dont get to speak to you before then, Merry Christmas :0)
Beautiful work, Kari! Love the return of the calligraphy...you do it perfectly!
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wow, I love these projects, wonderful work as always, good to see you're still managing to do 'normal' art as well as xmas stuff, which is all I seem to be doing at the moment. Like you, way, way behind!!!
Hope you catch up, AND have a great xmas,
hugs, Linda.
Beautiful work! I love the spring cleaning page. I am in awe of those who can paint and letter. Thanks for stopping by my blog and God bless you too!
Crystal
Thank you so much everybody - I really do appreciate you taking the time to stop by and encourage me. It really helps.
Hugs,
kari x
Pat is going to love this! I always like the way you let the original text through to your art and make it a part of the image. I tend to gesso over it all and I think I lose something of the "alteredness" when I do that.
Post a Comment
<< Home