Sunday, November 05, 2006

Lynne's Everyday Book



Lynne's book is lovely, it is beautifully bound and astonishgly well organised with tabs for each participant's piece. This round the colour theme is Pink/Silver and the word "Joy". I adored the colours and enjoyed putting this piece together. It is watercolour paper with a wash, the word joy written in silver all over, then layers of papers, fabric butterfly and sewing, beads and wire. It isn't glued into the book just yet, I will do that later.

I have also included a small ginkgo leaf in the photo (not the artwork) that I collected yesterday. I love the shape of these leaves and have put some in my flower press to use in future art projects. This one is quite tiny (ATC-sized?) and looks like a little heart.

3 Comments:

Blogger Linda D. said...

Ooh, lovely colours as you say. Great piece, I adore the layering of papers. I'll be interested to see what you do with the leaf - so tiny, as you say!

November 05, 2006 7:56 pm  
Blogger artfulzebra said...

Lovely spread, Kari. ;o) Lynne's book is a joy isn't it?

Maz x

November 06, 2006 12:25 am  
Blogger Becky Mairi Farrell said...

I love these colours too, and the way you have done the layering. It looks really rich and vibrant

November 11, 2006 9:15 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home