Altered Canvas
Here is an altered canvas I made for Michelle Remy (she is banned from looking at my blog until after she receives it) in another swap an Altered Guild. I have struggled with this project, something to do with the fact that I separate painted art and altered art in my mind and using canvas has really mixed me up. In the end, I worked on flat canvas, thinking of it as paper, before stretching it on frames.Anyway, it is painted canvas, watercolour, stamp and spotty feathers sewn onto canvas, collaged bird and a tag with poetry attached. The poem says:
"Each twig I chose for you, my dear,
Down plucked from my own chest
I give you protection and warmth in here
My humble, jumble, little nest."
Again, photographed at an odd angle to avoid glare from the acetate on tag and shiny bird.
Kari x



13 Comments:
drooling and dreaming here
Kari
Wonderful! I love the use of all the elemnts. That term altered is used way too much if you ask me...Change anything on the canvas (even a streak of paint) and the canvas is altered! Ahhhh Semantics!
Ooh, I love this, Kari! Great images and love the verse. ;o)
Maz x
Oh, now don't you get me going on that one Kathy! I still can't get my head around the term "altered canvas" to be honest. If you think about it, any canvas is altered. Ah well, perhaps it should be a canvas in the altered style, LOL.
hugs,
Kari x
Thanks Laura and Maz - this is the first time I have done one of these and they are very difficult (or is it just me?)
The verse is my own - yayy!
hugs,
Kari x
Beautiful...I love all this and it is on a stretched canvas so can be hung easily. Oooh and I just noticed you wrote the verse yourself..you are so lovely :). Fabulous words very warm and loving.
xxxx
Wow, a poet as well as an artist - you are SOOOO talented, Kari! And I love the canvas, whether 'altered' or just 'collaged' it's wonderful.
Thanks Jill and Linda, ha! poetry of my own is something I rarely do, I so often find much better already written by proper poets!
hugs,
Kari x
Hi Kari, this is beautiful work, however you describe it! And the poem is gorgeous - I love the 'humble, jumble, little nest' part - like my house! :) You ARE a proper poet!
Wanted to say thanks for your comment on my blog y'day, and I'm glad someone else had to learn Country Dancing, too! lol! :) And this link (http://tinyurl.com/ygg8n8)
is the reason I can't show my latest creation, in case I spoil the surprise! Thanks again for stopping by.
Hugs,
Q x
Ooooh... I love it. I've swapped with Michelle before too. She'll love this!!! And I think it's a great idea how you've banned her from your blog until she receives it. I need to remember that for the future. Sometimes I'm eager to post but have to wait for my art to make it all the way to Australia!
Thank you for sharing - it's such a special piece.
I'm not sure what to add Kari, this is beautiful, sensitive and I'd give my eye teeth to own just a tweensy corner of it
Thanks everyone,
All clear now SuzieQ, that'll be a lovely gift.
Hugs,
Karix
This collage is beautiful. Great choice of colours. I really love what I've seen of your work :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home