Thursday, October 19, 2006

Card and Chunky Page for Laura

I can post these now that Laura's birthday is over and I am not spoiling any surprises. This is my page that Maz made into a unique chunky book to celebrate Laura's 40th.



And here is the card that I sent her.



I think it is rather fitting that Laura got a chunky book as she often has great chunky book projects on the go (see link to her blog on right to hear about her latest special fast and dirty chunky book project - Laura's Blog is: The Altered Eye)

8 Comments:

Blogger Scout said...

I love your work. I have been toying with the idea of trying my hand at an altered book, but I have been so busy with real work. I'll look forward to future posts with more of your art.

October 19, 2006 11:41 pm  
Blogger Kari said...

Thanks Robyn, Yes, it is a struggle to fit art in around the day job, I am often too exhausted at the end of the day and the weekends always seem to fill up with various other activities. But, the need is always there for me, so make art I do. Go for it, I say!

Cheers,
Kari x

October 19, 2006 11:48 pm  
Blogger Artygal/Lalheg said...

Oh Kari - thank you, thank you, thank you - your gifts and card are so very much appreciated

October 20, 2006 9:57 am  
Blogger Kathy L said...

WOW! I wish we lived closer! I love your work!

k

October 20, 2006 2:31 pm  
Blogger Linda D. said...

Mmm lovely work, no wonder Laura was so pleased ;>

October 21, 2006 8:55 am  
Blogger Kari said...

Thanks! Laura you deserve it,

Kathy I wish you lived nearer too!

And

Linda, I think the chunky book would have been a lovely surprise!

Kari x

October 21, 2006 5:35 pm  
Blogger Suzie Q said...

How's the weather up there, Kari? It's hot toddy weather down here in the Midlands! ;)
Great to 'meet' you! Thank you so much for your comments on my blog lately, I am honestly flattered that you like it - your work is superb, and you with a 'proper' job'n'all! I admire your ability to make time for your needs, and the results it produces! Inspirational, thank you!
I look forward to catching up with your posts and seeing more of your gorgeous work!

Have a good weekend :)
Q x

October 21, 2006 8:39 pm  
Blogger artfulzebra said...

I loved your chunky book page so much that I placed it first in the book when I bound it! :o) Lovely card too, great images!

maz x

October 25, 2006 11:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home