Tags and Changes
I've been adding loads more people to my links on the right-hand column - there are so many fabulous artistic blogs out there and I have been very lucky in getting to see such great work being made.
I am yet to find the ideal blog host. I tried LiveJournal last year and it was OK, but not perfect (particularly when it comes to uploading images) and then I switched to Blogger, which again is great for a free program, but anyone who uses it knows that it is not without its problems. The whole idea about moving blogs was to have a serious, trustworthy, professional look to showcase my art and if the blog is playing up and no help is available, then that isn't going to cut it. So I have been doing a trial period on Typepad and so far, I quite like it. I am basically running the two in tandem sort of, just to test things out and will decide at the end of my 30 day free trial whether to keep the Typepad blog or not. Hmmm, will put the link on the right column so you can take a look. Comments most welcome.
For some reason, I seem to be working away, but nothing much to show except these tags that I made for a swap in Altered Guild. They are sanded, acrylic paint layers on light card, gold stamping, sewed images and fibres. I was going for a cool winter colour theme and think I managed it.
I seem to have spent a lot of this weekend sorting out swaps. The biggest being the round robin I am running, which is an Altered Book swap in ANUK called Literatura Infantil. It is based on the books we read as children and I shall be altering a copy of Pollyanna. The round robin doesn't start until January, but I am already very excited about it.
Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.
Kari x
I am yet to find the ideal blog host. I tried LiveJournal last year and it was OK, but not perfect (particularly when it comes to uploading images) and then I switched to Blogger, which again is great for a free program, but anyone who uses it knows that it is not without its problems. The whole idea about moving blogs was to have a serious, trustworthy, professional look to showcase my art and if the blog is playing up and no help is available, then that isn't going to cut it. So I have been doing a trial period on Typepad and so far, I quite like it. I am basically running the two in tandem sort of, just to test things out and will decide at the end of my 30 day free trial whether to keep the Typepad blog or not. Hmmm, will put the link on the right column so you can take a look. Comments most welcome.
For some reason, I seem to be working away, but nothing much to show except these tags that I made for a swap in Altered Guild. They are sanded, acrylic paint layers on light card, gold stamping, sewed images and fibres. I was going for a cool winter colour theme and think I managed it.I seem to have spent a lot of this weekend sorting out swaps. The biggest being the round robin I am running, which is an Altered Book swap in ANUK called Literatura Infantil. It is based on the books we read as children and I shall be altering a copy of Pollyanna. The round robin doesn't start until January, but I am already very excited about it.
Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.
Kari x



11 Comments:
Hi Kari, thanks for your message in my page, sorry I took so long to respond but we're in the middle of moving, so I know you understand how things are right now
I also started using blogger and now I am using www.squarespace.com as my host and I am quite happy with it, you also have a 30 day trial and after I tried it I was really happy with it, it's really easy to use.
I love your work and I wish you a very successful career in art!
best wishes!
Hi Kari, I must admit I tried out every available blog before settling on Wordpress. It is easily customisable, which is what I wanted.
p.s. love the look of these tags!
kari, these tags are wonderful. and very winter-ish;)
Kari
Loved the tags, very "cool." I too am not thrilled with blogger but am not ready for a more professional look. I have heard Typepad is great though. I think when I do finally have art work for sale on a steady basis, I want to check out Rosa's host.
k
Your tags are gorgeous!
I use typepad - it's okay - but squarespace sounds interesting...
Typepad is giving me a lot of grief on other people's blogs (leaving comments).
I just want to secound that Wordpress is really great. You can use it free or choose to upgrade. It's really easy to switch over from Blogger and easy to customize. (Well, OK, to be precise, for my husband to customize!)
I guess this would be a good time to tell you that I've really been enjoying your site, wouldn't it?
I wondered about Typepad so I'll be interested to hear what you think too. Never heard of Squarespace, another one worth looking at.
Tags are fab as ever. ;o)
Maz x
Did you get my email about Wordpress?
thanks for the great comments on my tags everyone, they were good fun to do.
Also, thanks for the info about blogs, I have decided to try out Wordpress and check out the others too before committing myself to one just yet.
Thanks a lot for the imput!
Hugs,
kari x
Hi Kari, I like the look of your typepad blog, but as I (stupidly) changed to beta blogger, I can't comment on it!
I, too, am trying out wordpress and it seems ok so far, although I haven't 'gone live' yet, so to speak.
I love the tags you've made, they're gorgeous! You'll have me in the Christmas Spirit yet! ;)
Good Luck with the new blog, wherever you go! Thanks for including me in your links, bless you x
All the Best,
Sue x
Amazing tags! Well done!
Post a Comment
<< Home