Sunday, December 31, 2006

Sketches



The festivities don't leave much time for art, especially when a flu virus also hits, but I have been doodling in my sketchbook and working in some decos. Firstly two rather fuzzy pages from decos in watercolour and pencil.

And, secondly, a couple of several working ideas for a book page on the theme of birds, feathers and nests. Think I may do a lino cut or similar on this one, perhaps using the falcon as a kicking off point.



Happy Hogmanay Everyone!

8 Comments:

Blogger Linda D. said...

Kari,these are gorgeous!!! Hope your virus is now leaving, I'm in the throes of one that doesn't want to go!!!
Have a great 2007,
hugs, Linda.

January 01, 2007 2:54 pm  
Blogger Kathy L said...

Kari

I love your drawings/original work. I wish I had that kind of talent. It would definately come in handy! I took off the entire month of December. I have not lifted a paintbrush or anything! It was so hectic here! Once my kids go beck to school I will try to find my studio again!

k

January 01, 2007 6:20 pm  
Blogger Jill said...

Beautiful work Kari - those drawings both the sketches and the deco work are fabulous :)

Hope you are feeling better
xxx

January 01, 2007 8:39 pm  
Blogger artfulzebra said...

Lovely stuff, Kari. ;o) Love the falcon idea, look forward to seeing that develop.

Maz x

January 01, 2007 11:35 pm  
Blogger Terri said...

Happy New Year to you Kari dear. Hope you are feeling better very soon. I commiserate about the festivities getting in the way of the creative stuff, but they too will pass. :o) Hugs. x

January 02, 2007 3:05 am  
Blogger Lara Lorelei said...

Kari

You really should make a lino cut of that falcon drawing its just gorgeous

Hope you get over the virus soon, best wishes for 2007

Claire

January 02, 2007 12:50 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the man with the bird mask, what a great idea. If only I was given the gift to draw, my drawings resemble, well, stick figures. LOL

Karla

January 03, 2007 12:55 am  
Blogger Kari said...

Thanks everyone for your encouragement - cheered me up and my virus is now fading (albeit slowly).

So the consensus is that I make a lino of the falcon. I will do that, so watch this space.

Thanks for looking in and taking the time to comment.

Kari x

January 03, 2007 10:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home