Sunday, December 17, 2006

Colourful Thoughts







As most of you know, I love colour. I studied colour theory very thoroughly over many years and it is fascinating to me. I find it very difficult to choose favourite individual colours or colour combinations.

As artists we are very lucky that we can combat the dull skies and lack of flowers/greenery outside by splashing a few colours around indoors.

These little squares are examples of those special bits of magic that I love. These are the bits where two or more colours colide and the resulting strange hues that result. MMmmmm. Yummmm.

I can't post any pictures of any artwork again as most of it is secret stuff and all the Christmas preparations are taking up what little art time I seem to have these days. Not that I mind, I am really in the Christmas spirit at the moment.

Kari x

7 Comments:

Blogger artfulzebra said...

Mmmmmmmm, they are yummy indeed! I love the orange and the one under it and the one under that and...oh, heck, I love 'em all! ;oD

Maz x

December 17, 2006 11:55 pm  
Blogger Terri said...

Beautiful Kari, but no real zippy tropical colours there. ;o) I'm teasing. I'd send you some hot tropical colour to warm your winter days if I could. :o) I've been browsing through your recent blog entries...WOW. You have created some absolutely beautiful works lately. Just gorgeous. You are SO very talented. Yuletide Blessings to you my talented friend. :o)

December 18, 2006 1:27 am  
Blogger Linda D. said...

Oooooh, you're making me want to stop surfing and go & play!!! On a grey melancholy day perhaps that's what we all need - beautiful splashes of intense colour to cheer us!

hugs, Linda.

December 18, 2006 3:52 pm  
Blogger Kari said...

Thanks everyone, who can resist such colour, eh? I am so glad you feel the zing too!

hugs
Kari x

December 18, 2006 9:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh, these are gorgeous, Kari. Love them all, so calming they are. Glad to hear you're in the spirit! Have a wonderful week :)

December 19, 2006 12:54 pm  
Blogger Francesca said...

I love those 'accidental' colours and sometimes do whole sheets in my watercolour pad dropping colours on with lots of water just for the heck of it :)

Thank you so much for the card Kari, hope you have a wonderful Christmas! xx

December 23, 2006 8:23 pm  
Blogger Fiona said...

Merry christmas Kari - may 2007 be a great one for you.

December 24, 2006 8:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home