A Work in Progress and an ATC
I know I have been quiet lately, it has been really busy at university. The pace is hotting up and it leaves me little time (or energy) to just play.
Snatching minutes here and there isn't quite as satisfying as a good block of time at my own art table, but I have managed a couple of things this week. I have made some collaged backgrounds in my sketchbook, they are always useful for later works and it is handy to have a stash of these ready to go.

Here is an ATC image I printed out onto paper (it is from a scan of a book spread I did a while ago, I think), I then mounted the paper on a piece of ATC card and coloured it with watercolour pencils. It satisfied my need to draw a little.
And here is a WIP that I want to record as it goes along. So far I have mounted chintzy fabric onto a piece of 6 x 6" plywood, then did a caulk transfer of text on top. After I had rubbed the backing paper off, I sanded it and am now deciding what to do next. This is just the background and most will be covered in later stages.

That is all for now.
Kari x
Snatching minutes here and there isn't quite as satisfying as a good block of time at my own art table, but I have managed a couple of things this week. I have made some collaged backgrounds in my sketchbook, they are always useful for later works and it is handy to have a stash of these ready to go.

Here is an ATC image I printed out onto paper (it is from a scan of a book spread I did a while ago, I think), I then mounted the paper on a piece of ATC card and coloured it with watercolour pencils. It satisfied my need to draw a little.
And here is a WIP that I want to record as it goes along. So far I have mounted chintzy fabric onto a piece of 6 x 6" plywood, then did a caulk transfer of text on top. After I had rubbed the backing paper off, I sanded it and am now deciding what to do next. This is just the background and most will be covered in later stages.

That is all for now.
Kari x



5 Comments:
Thank you for describing how you do this background. It used to be your "signature atc".
I've yet to do any transfers other than packing tape, yet it's probably one of my favourite effects to look at. I was admiring a stamp yesterday that is a butterfly with writing through it. I decided to improvise at night - and was most satisfied!
Ex
I can't wait to see what you do with your chintz piece Kari.
Yummity scrummity on both counts, Kari! I must get my caulk out and have another go! It's so effective over the chintz, great stuff!
Maz x
Ooh like this Kari. What's caulk then? (ignoramous here...)
Thanks everyone for your lovely comments - after such a busy week, it is encouraging to hear, so once I have done a fair bit of tidying up round here, I shall do some more to it.
Fran, caulk is clear kitchen/bathroom sealant - makes great transfers at a very reasonable cost!
Kari x
Post a Comment
<< Home