Thursday, February 16, 2006

Found Art


I found this the other day on a table in the college canteen.

The writing on it says: "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" - Oscar Wilde.

One of the joys of being in a creative workplace surrounded by artists is that the banal becomes the sublime.

Kari x

8 Comments:

Blogger artfulzebra said...

LOl For a minute there I thought it was my fruit deco!!
Cool quote, I love Oscar Wilde!

M x

February 17, 2006 12:18 am  
Blogger Jill said...

how wonderful Kari...I loved that about art college, everyone is in that creative mindset.

xxxx

February 17, 2006 7:52 pm  
Blogger Kari said...

Hi Maz, yes, I wished I had seen this before I sent off your deco - I would have pilfered the idea!

Kari x

February 18, 2006 1:17 am  
Blogger Kari said...

Yeah Jill, it is great, I think I take it for granted mostly, but this really brought it to my attention!
Kx

February 18, 2006 1:18 am  
Blogger Francesca said...

Wonderful! How funny and quite touching :)

February 18, 2006 12:09 pm  
Blogger Kari said...

Hi Fran,

Yes, I have found all sorts of things on the tables (I work there at lunchtime), like pictures made out of pistachio nut shells, messages written in salt, drawings, origami animals and I do feel touched by them.

Kx

February 18, 2006 12:50 pm  
Blogger Digitalgran said...

I wonder what that banana skin would be like after drying out? Worth an experiment or two.
I used a cut apple for CandG work and I still have the apple as hard as rock now, but oh so interesting. I took photos of it at various stages of decay. Did the same with peppers, cabbage leaves etc. too. I will try to find it and put it on my blog.

February 19, 2006 1:53 pm  
Blogger orion713 said...

That is wonderful. Makes me smile. :)

March 01, 2006 9:35 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home