Saturday, March 04, 2006

Old Book Covers


Well, I have had a better few days at university and think I may have finally found my path to the degree show, which after an emotional meltdown earlier on in the week is a bit of a relief!

One of the things I have been doing is sourcing lovely old book jackets - I particularly love the old 40s and 50s ones, they often have great old-fashioned traditional printing techniques and as they age, become dog-eared and faded/yellowed which looks so appealing.

This image is of Kingsley's "The Water-Babies" which I found in a charity shop locally. It will definitely make a beautiful AB.

3 Comments:

Blogger Francesca said...

Yes, old book covers can be wonderful, I got a copy of the Bobbsey Twins at a junk shop last week, not as pretty as that one but still interesting. Glad uni's getting better for you :)

March 06, 2006 4:07 pm  
Blogger Jill said...

I am so pleased you have decided what you are going to do, takes the pressure off eh ;o).

The Water Babies was one of my favourite books as a child..lovely, lovely story...and that cover is fabulous.

xxx

March 06, 2006 6:21 pm  
Blogger artfulzebra said...

Lovely book jacket, Kari, what are you planning to do with them? Really pleased the pressure of the show has eased a little, for now anyway! Positive vibes coming your way as ever!

M x

March 06, 2006 7:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home