Saturday, February 11, 2006

Two Deco Pages

A lot of people grumble if they get a block of decos on the same theme, but I think I have found an advantage. You can do one collage, take one image and make more than one page - ta-daaa!

These were for two decos on a fruit theme. I chose a image of a little girl with a basket because we live in a huge soft fruit growing area (believe me, I was as surprised as you are that fruit grows in Scotland, but it does!), the letter in the background is from a little girl in the 1930s to her Mamma and I wanted to represent the girl going into the garden to pick fruit for her.

As usual, I had to use my sewing machine for a tiny bit of stitching round the edges - I tried to resist, I did!

Kari x

4 Comments:

Blogger artfulzebra said...

What a lovely image, kari, she's so sweet! They're both great, well done you!

M x

February 11, 2006 11:08 pm  
Blogger Francesca said...

Oh lovely Kari! Like the composition and the elements. In another life I'm a quilter so I can relate to the added sewing :)

February 12, 2006 10:10 am  
Blogger Kari said...

Thanks Maz, I love that photo of that little girl, I use her a lot.

Fran, I adore quilts and have never done it myself, but I know it is one thing I would adore and that would take over my whole house, which is why I have resisted!

Kari x

February 12, 2006 10:48 am  
Blogger Pat Winter Gatherings said...

Kari, your blog looks great to me. Love your work! http://gatherings100.blogspot.com/

February 22, 2006 3:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home