Thursday, September 14, 2006

3/- ATC

Somehow, I am managing to fit a little art in around the job. Here is an ATC I have actually completed, I have several more on the go, just not quite finished yet. The words in this ATC say "In later life, there was little evidence of her unusual childhood".





Also, I wanted to make some sewn background papers and I did finish these late last night. I have made the patchwork design before and loved it and this time I remembered to keep a scan of it. The wavy lines one is something I have been wanting to try out. Next time I want to try papers of varying colours, maybe even interspersed with fabrics, too.

12 Comments:

Blogger Artygal/Lalheg said...

Salivating all over the screen

September 14, 2006 8:29 pm  
Blogger emhowl said...

I just love the papers, especially the wavy lines one.

September 14, 2006 11:47 pm  
Blogger Becky Mairi Farrell said...

I adore your sewn papers. I so want a sewing machine! I love the colours you have used, but I can also visualise how you would make them in your more usual gorgeous flowing colours. You must blog any more you make!

Also THANK YOU for the gorgeous ATC. I never imagined I'd have one of them in my possession. I love it so much, thank you :)

September 15, 2006 5:37 pm  
Blogger primdollie said...

OH LOVE the new backgrounds and the new ATC!!!! looks like you are having a bit of fun in between!!! I am working at it!! just some long days so hope soon things will be a bit more art and beads too!!! thanks for the fab eye candy!!!! always so terrific!!!

September 16, 2006 12:07 am  
Blogger Jill said...

Beautiful work Kari...the sewn papers work so well - lovely idea. Hope the job is going ok, but do miss you loads
xxx

September 16, 2006 1:08 pm  
Blogger artfulzebra said...

Ooh, fabulous work Kari, I love it all! The wavy lined one is my fave. So glad you've signed up for the stitch ATC swap!! :o)

Maz x

September 16, 2006 2:00 pm  
Blogger Kathy L said...

OH the handstiched stuff is fab! I can't sew at all and so I admire the work of people who work with fabrics and a sewing machine! The ATC is wonderful as usual!

k

September 16, 2006 2:42 pm  
Blogger Linda D. said...

Wonderful work, Kari, I do love those stitched papers! Also glad you're managing to find time for some art - hope the job is going ok.
hugs, Linda.

September 16, 2006 2:43 pm  
Blogger Alis Clair said...

Gorgeous work Kari. Love the image you've used for the ATC and the sewn papers are fab.
Hugs, Alis

September 19, 2006 8:09 am  
Blogger alex said...

These are fab! Gorgeous! Wow!

September 21, 2006 8:21 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What have I been missing - oh boy, these stitched backgrounds are 5-star *****

Love
Evie x

September 24, 2006 11:18 pm  
Blogger Terri said...

These are wonderful! I'd like to see you make backgrounds like this for some of your oil paintings. :o)

October 18, 2006 1:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home