Saturday, August 05, 2006

Bird Egg ATCs



Most often we have an image in our head of the piece of art we are trying to create. Usually, we are disappointed when we cannot quite achieve it.

Occasionally, very occasionally, the opposite happens and what you produce is far better than you envisaged. Today, that actually happened for me - these are the resulting ATCs.

They are acrylic washes on watercolour paper, print and collaged eggs. I love them! I have one in particular that is my mm-mm favourite, do you?

Sorry, they are all spoken for.

Kari x

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh thay're yummy Kari! I like the second one best I think.
Skippy xx

August 05, 2006 9:07 pm  
Blogger katiejayinpa said...

I like the 4th from the left best, because i think it works best, the colors are well graded from top to bottom, and the fact they are nice colors that i like helps.......lol....the placement of the eggs is balanced...all in all i think it is very well composed!

ktj

August 06, 2006 11:31 am  
Blogger Kathy L said...

Kari

These are so cool. I wish I had checked my email last night and spoke up for this deco! Wow.

k

August 06, 2006 5:16 pm  
Blogger Becky Mairi Farrell said...

These are lovely. I generally don't like eggs at all but the colours you have used are amazing. My vote goes to the one on the left :)

August 06, 2006 6:16 pm  
Blogger Kari said...

Thank you everyone for such great comments - I am so glad everyone loves them as much as I do. Skippy, you picked out my favourite, but, I too love the others for their own colour/balance compositions too - I am just a sucker for lots of colour contrast, that's all.

Kathy, I shall make another ATC Deco for next month, I have another idea I want to try out, so watch out for that one!

Kari x

August 06, 2006 9:10 pm  
Blogger alex said...

Argh! I missed this deco too!
These are wonderful!

August 07, 2006 11:27 pm  
Blogger Terri said...

They are all fantastic Kari! :o)

August 08, 2006 1:29 am  
Blogger primdollie said...

LOve the colors and they are so beautiful and vibrant!!! just wonderful!! Hugs Linda

August 08, 2006 3:14 pm  
Blogger Digitalgran said...

I love them all, but the 3rd is my fave.

August 08, 2006 9:20 pm  
Blogger artfulzebra said...

Haven't been about the blogs much so playing catch up now! These are yummy, second from left is my fave! I'm loving your bowl paintings too, great work, Kari!

M x

August 11, 2006 5:29 pm  
Blogger Becky Mairi Farrell said...

You have been tagged!

August 11, 2006 9:42 pm  
Blogger Kari said...

Thanks everyone! You are all so kind to encourage me so.

Kx

August 15, 2006 10:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home