Thursday, August 17, 2006

Another Birthday Card


Look, what is this? Kari has used a rubber stamp? Yes, I do own one or two and this one is great for backgrounds. If you think you have seen it before it is on the latest Tim Holtz DVD.

This is a card I made for Evie (Bread and Circuses) for her birthday. It was quite simple, acrylic washes on watercolour paper, rubber stamp and collaged elements.

The lace was essential as IMO Evie is the Queen of Lace.

10 Comments:

Blogger Artygal/Lalheg said...

Drool

August 18, 2006 9:39 am  
Blogger Kathy L said...

I had to laugh at your rubber stamp comment! Wonderful card! I started out with rubber stamps and will more often than not, use them in my collages. I have WAY to much money invested in rubber!

k

August 18, 2006 3:13 pm  
Blogger Jill said...

even with the rubber stamping this card is so easy to identify as your work...lovely stuff Kari
xx

August 18, 2006 3:16 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely!!!!

August 18, 2006 8:46 pm  
Blogger emhowl said...

It's interesting that Jill said it was easy to identify as your work, Kari, because I thought how different from normal, apart from the colour shading. It's lovely. And I agree about the lace!

August 19, 2006 12:19 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kari, this is a stunner and I'm thrilled that it's for me - huge thanks. Liked your comment about the lace - so true LOL.

August 20, 2006 9:05 am  
Blogger Linda D. said...

Kari, love this, so vibrant. And the lace does add a great finishing touch!!!

August 20, 2006 9:16 am  
Blogger Francesca said...

that's so lovely Kari, I would be delighted to get a card like that!

August 25, 2006 10:54 pm  
Blogger Becky Mairi Farrell said...

I love the way you have combined such different elements so well, and I particularly like the lace :)

August 26, 2006 11:13 pm  
Blogger primdollie said...

Oh not only lucky Evie but a fab card as well!!! wow love the colors and I know she is for sure loving that lace!!! I for one haven't even sent her gift yet so best get my sorry butt in gear and get it in the mail!!!

September 16, 2006 12:09 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home