Monday, June 19, 2006

New Work Area


Since finishing university I have lost my studio space and am struggling to do any work on my already overloaded kitchen table. I live in a very small flat, so finding space is not easy. A few of us students are looking for studio space together, but we haven't found anything suitable yet.

So, in the meantime, I decided I needed some art supplies nearer to hand and a work table that wasn't my landlord's and I could spill anything I like on it! A week of moving things around has resulted in this little corner underneath my spiral staircase (to the hayloft where I sleep). I have got the basic requirements right at hand which will save me a lot of frustration and time-wasting. Cost of all this expensive looking furniture = £5! The drawing table I bought for the £5 from a car boot sale a couple of years ago and the book cases (one on top of the other) have been gifted to me. I am delighted with the outcome. It may be small, but it is efficient!

Now all I need to do is get on with some work.

7 Comments:

Blogger Linda D. said...

Kari, that looks a great little art space! Well done, hope you have much fun working there.

June 19, 2006 7:14 pm  
Blogger Fiona said...

A great place to dribble paint on everything. Have a great time with it.

June 19, 2006 8:10 pm  
Blogger artfulzebra said...

Superb! Well done you! Go splash paint about!

Maz x

June 20, 2006 1:47 pm  
Blogger emhowl said...

And just look at that clean floor. Time for art!

June 20, 2006 3:17 pm  
Blogger Jill said...

Looks wonderful Kari...now you can get started again ;o)

June 21, 2006 1:45 pm  
Blogger Terri said...

This looks perfect Kari! I think you could be very productive here. I'm afraid my work space looks more like a sewing room than an art room at the moment. I need a drawing desk like yours. Hope I can find something like this too! :o) Hugs.

June 26, 2006 1:51 am  
Blogger Kathleen Pequignot said...

Very efficient looking! Glad you have carved out a special place for yourself. :)

June 26, 2006 8:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home