Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Degree Show

I've done it! I have achieved my long held dream of a degree in fine art - it is such a relief and I am still a bit dazed. No rest for me just yet as we are supposed to be on duty from 9.30am until 8.30pm daily while the exhibition is open to the public.

I have had some great feedback from visitors and people have understood what my work is about, which is encouraging to hear.

This picture is of a wall piece which is about 12 feet wide by about 7 feet high, it is stencil, paper, vinyl lettering, pencil and spray paint directly applied to the wall.

And this is an image of the books that were used in the video which is being shown on the TV screen on the right of the picture.

Now I am looking forward to less conceptual-based work, with perhaps some traditional printmaking and painting - yippee!

Kari x

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations!

I wish I already was there, but I still have a bit to go. but not too far though :-)

May 23, 2006 10:06 am  
Blogger Artygal/Lalheg said...

I am so proud of you

May 23, 2006 11:04 am  
Blogger artfulzebra said...

I have to say (even though I already have!) that it is awesome! ;-) I too am dead proud of you, chuck. I could have sobbed when I first saw your wall piece, thank goodness E and you and a room full of people were there with me!! Looking forward to your first exhibition of new work!

Maz x

May 23, 2006 6:51 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!

May 23, 2006 8:42 pm  
Blogger Digitalgran said...

Congratulations Kari. I love your work. are you going to show us some more of it? Please!

May 23, 2006 10:34 pm  
Blogger Sue Krekorian said...

Well done, Kari, congratulations from me, too. I love your wall piece - stark but fine. Nearly free to do your own thing. More pix, more pix (please)!

May 24, 2006 11:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I a am sooooo proud of you Kari..you are an inspiration to me.

I feel priveledged that I saw you exibition without any one else about. It was amazing!!!


Sheilagh xx

May 26, 2006 8:32 pm  
Blogger Jill said...

Oh so many congrats Kari, all so well deserved, you wonderful woman!

xxx

May 26, 2006 9:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kari - Your work is both aesthetically fabulous but also moving and full of meaning
It's an honour to know you
Lynne

May 27, 2006 7:22 am  
Blogger Kari said...

Thank you very much everyone, I am so pleased to have done it, despite a difficult couple of years. And yes, doing my own thing is going to be brilliant.

Also, I shall be doing more pictures in a week or so, when I have caught up with all my other things!

Thanks again for your support and encouragement.

kari x

May 27, 2006 7:38 pm  
Blogger Terri said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! Well done. I'm so happy for you. Sit back and soak up all the glory - you deserve it. Hugs!

May 28, 2006 2:25 am  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you Kari!! I know you did great and it is wonderful that you have reached your goal!!

hugs

Anke

May 28, 2006 8:00 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kari - I am so happy for you! It must be amazing to think 'I've done it now!' I'm hoping to see many more photies from the show!
Big hugs, Lolly xxx

May 29, 2006 8:05 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG--it is ALL amazing!! just wish i could have seen it for real! hope you got my card--i am SO, SO, SO proud of you!!!
much love and friendship
liz xx

May 29, 2006 7:19 pm  
Blogger artbyjune said...

Congratulations and well done!!

June 01, 2006 2:26 am  
Blogger sarah said...

A bit late but congratulations you!! Im so happy for you!! Hugs!

June 01, 2006 4:28 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home