Catching Up
Well, after the last couple of months I have finally begun to catch up on all my outstanding projects. I have altered books and everyday books to work in and send out.
These images are for the two Everyday books which will be in the post to Laura tomorrow. This first one is in the colourway blue/white and theme of dreams. I use my dreams as inspiration for my art, so I have illustrated the way my subconscious imagination works for me.
This second image is in the colour way purple/gold and the theme is angels. An adorable insect stamp (thanks to Maz!) has found its way in and the gold has been added after scanning in the form of a small touch in the bottom left hand corner.
Can anyone detect a Nick Bantock type of influence? I borrowed the book "Urgent 2nd Class" from the university library recently and absolutely loved it.
Kari x
These images are for the two Everyday books which will be in the post to Laura tomorrow. This first one is in the colourway blue/white and theme of dreams. I use my dreams as inspiration for my art, so I have illustrated the way my subconscious imagination works for me.
This second image is in the colour way purple/gold and the theme is angels. An adorable insect stamp (thanks to Maz!) has found its way in and the gold has been added after scanning in the form of a small touch in the bottom left hand corner.Can anyone detect a Nick Bantock type of influence? I borrowed the book "Urgent 2nd Class" from the university library recently and absolutely loved it.
Kari x



6 Comments:
those pages are great! love them.
I love the angel Kari!
Cool work, Kari! I'm repeating myself yet again but it's great to have you back! :-D
M x
Very original artwork - love these.
Evie
You're right about the Nick Bantock influence but me, I like the postal influence! Have you read the Griffin and Sabine books?
Elizabeth
(seeing you soon!)
I don't know who any of these people are, but I love these two pieces, particularly the dreams one.
xxx
Post a Comment
<< Home